Senior Field Service Engineer - Renewable Energy
Excellent salary + car allowance + benefits
Nationwide - UK
We are currently recruiting a Senior Field Service Engineer to join the aftermarket service division of a renewable energy business. The Senior Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance across multiple energy from waste and biomass power plants across the UK. A full UK driving licence is essential for this role as there will be considerable travel involved.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Senior Field Service Engineer will include:
- Acting as the technical lead on equipment start-ups, boiler inspections
- Conducting site assessments and inspections as well as leading root cause analysis on plant failures when required
- Identifying opportunities for servicing and/or plant upgrades
- Develop technical solutions in partnership with customers and internal stakeholders and manage the implementation of these on site
- Boost sales activities and business development with guidance from business developers, colleagues and managers
- Develop operating instructions
- Preparing and writing technical reports
- Travelling overseas for quarterly meetings
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant engineering qualification at HND/HNC level, preferably in a mechanical discipline.
- At least 5 years of engineering / maintenance experience in the energy from waste, biomass / power generation industry. A background in marine engineering from the Royal Navy would also suit.
- Solid engineering knowledge of the operation and maintenance of industrial boilers and other mechanical plant equipment
- Ideally experience working in a similar role for an equipment service provider
- Willingness to travel to sites at relatively short notice when required
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role as it involves travel to other sites as well as occasional travel overseas
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary
- A car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.