Senior Hydraulics Modeller
Up to £36,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Hydraulics Modeller to join one of the largest water utilities businesses in the South East. Joining their Hydraulic Modelling Team, you will be responsible for supporting in the assessment and management of water supply mains using strategic modelling to deliver efficiencies and improvements to the systems in line with company targets and indicators. This will focus on short-term incidents as well as long-term planning.
Working as the Senior Hydraulics Modeller, your duties will include:
- Managing a small team of hydraulic modellers in-house across both large water treatment systems and mains operations.
- Carrying out complex modelling/network assessments of the mains water distribution system to support key improvement strategies.
- Carry out strategic studies to determine short and long-term impacts of change on mains operations and potential reinforcement requirements.
- Discussions with operational staff and carrying out site visits to confirm current network configuration.
- Use in-house InfoWorks software and models to arrange and determine flow and pressure and to carry out tests where necessary.
- Use modelling to assist with asset management and support investigations.
- Carry out model rebuild/ refurbishments as well as provide reconfiguration plans for the management of any maintenance or incidents in the network.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have good knowledge and understanding of the hydraulics of a distribution system and the ability to use modelling systems for strategic asset planning.
Candidates will ideally be qualified to HND level or equivalent and will have demonstrable experience working with InfoworksWS or another similar software package.
A background working in the Water Industry would be advantageous and due to the nature of the role, a UK driving licence is essential.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £36,000
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.