Job Title - Welding Inspector
Duration - 6 months
Rate - £400 - £425 per day (Limited company)
Location - Bridgwater
We are looking for a Welding Inspector for works on Hinkley Point C to inspect fabrication works for the reactor containment liner. The Welding Inspector will be required to travel to France regularly to inspect works over there.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Welding Inspector will be responsible for:
- Set up and implement Quality Control systems
- Prepare, issue and implement Inspection and Test Plan in accordance with project requirements
- Follow up Non-Conformity and associated Corrective actions
- Coordinate site inspection team QA/ QC requirements
- Prepare and issue all necessary QA/ QC documentation (Quality plan, NCR procedure, ITPs, Material handling, traceability, welder follow up… welding repair rate monitoring….)
- Organise/carry out daily inspection and control activities
- Interface with construction team to ensure quality requirement are enforced with all project activities.
- Interface and manage NDT subcontractors
- Perform site inspection and ensure project documentation and criteria are met.
- Provide the necessary information for project reporting
- Ensure preparation and issuance of Manufacturing record book (LTQR)
- Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and traceability database.
The suitable candidate will have CSWIP 3.1 or better and have the flexibility to travel to France regularly. Being able to speak French will be advantageous to your application.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the biggest construction project in the UK and have the chance to travel to France regularly
If you are interested in finding out more, you can call Richard Hambry on 02392 919668 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.