Development Project Manager (Pre Construction)
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 + competitive package
Start date - October/November 2020
Location - St Helens
Our client, a global asset development and operating company within the energy sector, are looking for an experienced Project Development Manager to join their innovative and expanding team and work on supporting the development of Solar and Battery Storage projects across the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, as the Project Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working on a range of projects, looking at Solar and Battery Storage (Pre Shovel)
- Providing technical expertise to projects when required.
- Developing the process including gas/grid applications, legal agreements, planning permission etc
- Coordinating technical and commercial responses to tenders.
- Effectively managing and mitigating any project or operational risks.
- Producing technical studies and reports.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders including Distribution Network Operators (DNO), Gas Suppliers, Environmental Agency, Planning, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HND would be preferred
- Good awareness of Civil and Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience in a project management role is essential
- Previous experience in the energy industry is essential (Solar, Battery Storage, Gas Peaking Plants)
- Previous experience in a client facing role is desirable
- Experience with costing models, estimation and managing budgets
- Commercially astute
- Happy to travel nationwide if required - driving license is essential
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.