Process Performance Engineer - Energy from Waste
Circa £45,000 + car allowance + bonus
National - Oxfordshire, Somerset, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire
We are currently recruiting for a Process Performance Engineer to work across a growing portfolio of energy from waste power stations in the UK. Reporting to the Lead Performance Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for delivering a high level of performance across the fleet by providing root cause analysis of operational issues and delivering technical solutions to maintain high performance and plant availability.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Process Performance Engineer will include:
- Maximising plant efficiency and waste throughput ensuring best operational practices are upheld at all times
- Providing specialist technical input through feasibility studies, production designs, specifications and budgets for new projects.
- To assist the Performance Improvement Team and local site management in preparing, understanding and utilising relevant performance reporting and KPIs
- Analyse plant process performance and identify changes to operational procedures and equipment modifications to maximise thermal efficiency and throughput.
- Benchmark performance of the fleet of EFW plants and target plants that are under performing
- Undertake availability studies to determine the root causes of any downtime and identify ongoing trends to better schedule preventative maintenance work
- Ensuring that safety and environmental compliance are prioritised in the improvement of performance
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Ideally a degree level qualification in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical or chemical ideally. HND/HNC level will also be considered backed up by extensive experience
- Relevant experience working within a similar process performance engineering position in the power generation / energy from waste or biomass sectors
- Excellent knowledge around power station plant performance issues and experience with implementing improvements to enhance performance
- A strong analytical ability to address technical issues
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A basic salary up to circa £45,000
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.