Job title - Project Engineer
Location - Hinkley Point C
Salary + benefits - £55,000 - £60,000 + Private medical insurance and company pension schemes
We are looking for a Project Engineer with heavy reinforced concrete experience based on site at HPC. The Project Engineer will be technically responsible for the construction of one of the buildings on site. You will also be responsible for the management of 2-4 Section Engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Managing an engineering team assigned to a building/s to create and sustain a culture of "right first time" while adhering to Nuclear Safety
* Responsible for ensuring all site operations are controlled by safe systems of work defined within internally and externally approved method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures.
* Managing the engineering team in the process of completing the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP)
* Ensures an appropriate design change system is implemented and information is available to enable efficient procurement of materials and subcontractors and for the construction of the works.
* Works with procurement to ensure the most appropriate materials, product, plant and systems are purchased for the project ensuring programme delays are avoided.
* Evaluates alternative solutions to determine I they are more effective than current methods
* Utilises 3D modelling to develop methods, clarify issues and resolve method related problems
* Is instrumental in finding alternative solutions to existing methods and practices to improve productivity, quality or safety helping to create best practice.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
5 Years' + experience on large complex projects or civil engineering roles
Previous experience with the management of people on other projects
Proven track record of working as a Temporary Works Coordinator
Salary & Package
My client if offering a salary of up to £60,000 and is including Private Medical Insurance and company pension schemes. You will be working on the biggest construction project in the UK and be part of the leading Joint Venture at HPC
If you want to apply please contact Rich Hambry on 02393 919 668 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.