Production Technician (EC&I) - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the Production Department of one of the UK's most efficient CCGT Power Station's, located in Devon. This station has a generating capacity of 885MW comprised of two Gas Turbines (Alstom GT26) and one Steam Turbine in a multi-shaft configuration.
Under a new owner, this plant is part of a fleet produced 22GW of Heat & Power across Europe and has four assets in the United Kingdom.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the EC&I Support Engineer, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to ensure efficient operation of the site and to maximise plant availability. This includes pressure, temperature, flow and level transmitters as well as DCS and PLC control systems. Electrical maintenance work on motors, switchgear, generators etc would also be required
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC equipment
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assisting in plant shutdowns and outages
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC in electrical or C&I engineering
- At least three years' experience in EC&I maintenance, post apprenticeship, in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works etc).
- Experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV/MV/LV electrical systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
- A flexible approach to working hours
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including Pension and Private Medical Insurance
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02393 910 033 and speak to Megan
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.