Outage Planner / Scheduler - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Rate & Minimum 12 Month Contract
We are recruiting for an experienced Outage Planner/Scheduler on a contract basis to work on a CCGT power station in Essex which generates 732MW of power. This is a major outage and the scope of works is expected to last around 18 months.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as the Outage Planner you will be responsible for:
- Develop full outage plan for the power station and review plan with the relevant Station personnel.
- Planning and coordinating all works and resource across the outage using planning software such as Primavera and SAP.
- Throughout the duration of the outage, manage any changes / amendments that come to light due to "Scope change or Emergent Work".
- Track progress through critical path reviews, identify any errors / imrpvoements in the plan and mitigate the impact of emergent work
- Provide Outage reports, supported by S curves, to the Engineering & Outage Manager
- Lead outage progress meetings
- Carry out reports of the process of the outage and its effectiveness against set KPI's
- Scope and identify opportunities across the outage to highlight areas where costs can be saved.
- Ensure all HSE requirements are being met
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level but a minimum in HNC in a relevant Engineering field
- Candidates with experience in CCGT Power Station Outages will only be considered
- Experience using a project planning computer software such as: Primavera or Microsoft Project Planning and SAP
- To understand and to have implemented HSE regulations and management ideally with a NEBOSH in H&S
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Rate
- Contract position up to 18 months
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.