EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Plant
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working exclusively with this client to support their recruitment on a 10.7MW biomass power station. We are looking for an EC&I (Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation) Technician to provide front line maintenance at the facility. You will be responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant, and efficient maintenance on the EC&I equipment and systems on site.
The CHP facility provides steam and electricity to an animal rendering plant, using the waste-by-products (Meat & Bone Meal) as a primary fuel source.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems (Allen Bradley & LOGIX 5000) in-line with OEM guidance, legislation and industry best practice.
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems.
- Maintaining the DCS, HMI, SCADA and continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS),
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work to improve plant reliability, efficiency and performance.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS, ensuring all documents are recorded in a timely manner along with the relevant RAMS/H&S documents.
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Team.
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance always.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised Electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry.
- An HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering.
- Working knowledge of carrying out maintenance on motors, switch gear, instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperate etc) and control systems (SCADA, DCS and PLC, ideally Allen Bradley & Rockwell).
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, steel works, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits package including Pension
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.