Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Collumpton + Travel
Competitive Salary DOE
Astute are currently working with an established business within the Renewable Energy sector who are looking for an experienced Mechanical maintenance engineer/technician to join their team based in Collumpton with travel to two other sites.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Mechanical Maintenance across 3 different sites working on large process plant and equipment such as, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, hydraulics etc.
- Carrying out fault finding and diagnostics on mechanical equipment.
- Liaising with the Engineering Manager to optimise the maintenance schedule.
- Ensuring adherence with Health & Safety procedures at all time.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant engineering qualification (NVQ/City & Guilds/Apprenticeship etc.)
- Proven experience carrying out maintenance on a variety of Mechanical Equipment
- Experience of working with Steam Boilers is essential for this role
- Experience in a heavy process environment e.g. Power Station, Biomass, Chemical Plant, Refinery, Steel works etc. would be beneficial for this role.
- A full UK driving licence
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary (DOE)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company van, laptop and monthly phone bill contribution
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910034 and ask to speak to Molly McDermott who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.