45 Hours - Monday - Friday (may include some Saturday mornings)
Our client are a reputable independent family owned business within the waste management industry, and are currently looking for a Fleet Manager to join their established team. As the Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for the full company fleet of around 100 vehicles. It will be your role to ensure all vehicles are effective, complaint and legal.
What you will be doing
As the Fleet Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Managing all aspects of the company Operator License
- To liaise with the Workshop Manger ensuring scheduling, MOT, servicing and routine driver checks are carried out and delivered in a timely and compliant manner.
- Making sure the workshop is maintained by running regular inspections and carrying out audits
- Ensuring all DVSA and company compliance and legislation are adhered to.
- Daily monitoring of all defect reports
- To review, report and improve compliance and safety across operations and safe work systems
- Support across briefings regarding driver performance, operations and health and safety
- Manage, report and action any infringements with Tacho reports
- Manage and control costs regarding fleet maintenance, stock strategy, new vehicle procedures (purchases, disposals, and efficiency)
- Negotiation of insurance renewals, as well as ensuring all incidents and accidents reported are investigated and actioned.
- Must acquire and maintain FORS status
What you will need
- CPC Transport Manager Qualification - Operators License - Full DVLC
- Good knowledge and understanding of FORS
- Experience within compliance management in transport, across multiple sites and a large fleet
- Good IT skills including experience preparing and delivering reports
What's on Offer
- Competitive Package
- Opportunity to work within a family owned environment
How to Apply
For more information please contact Ellie Guest on 02393 910 473 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.