Programme Management Lead
Start date - Mid-August 2020
Salary - £60,000 - £70,000 + competitive benefits package
Location - Portsmouth
Our client is currently sourcing for a Programme Management Lead to lead a team of Programme Managers and over 20 APM's on the Dockyard in Portsmouth. The Programme Lead must have experience in supporting a large team of programme manager and projects managers in successfully delivering a portfolio of projects within time scales and budgets. The Programme Manager will be expected to develop a 5 year 'Master Plan' for Portsmouth site movements taking into account all MoD, Maritime Services and Naval Ships requirements (Business and Functional) to improve financial and operational performance. Also, the Programme Manager will facilitate stakeholder engagement and approvals necessary to agree in-year plan and budget.
Role key responsibilities:
- Chair of monthly project reviews
- Lead PM capability development plan for NBS - Con Ops (PMO model, etc), Training & Development, Recruitment.
- Identity and support the implementation of the business improvement programme for Estates & Programme Management.
- Engage with MoD (Director Infrastructure) ti establish effective joint project review process.
- Performance Management and reporting - Establish an effective performance management framework, Contractual requirements (financials and KPI's).
- Plan and deliver project to time, cost and quality.
- An industry recognised qualification in engineering, building services or facilities management (HNC, HND or equivalent vocational qualification).
- Health and Safety training i.e. IOSH Managing Safely in Construction, CITB SMSTS or CSCS or equivalent.
- Project/Programmae Management qualifications.
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for security clearance.
- Professional qualification within the build environment at associate level or above i.e. CIOB, RICS, etc.
Experience and Skills
- Experience of managing multiple major and minor works projects (maintenance, refurbishments and new works) via a framework of contractors/sub-contratcors as weel as managing in house subject matter experts within a Government/defence asset portfolio.
- Proven experience in delivery in a diverse stakeholder environment, balancing the various business stakeholders.
- Experience in planning programmes of work including surveying and pricing.
- Good management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing Health, Safety and Environment management systems.
- Good understanding of Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
- Commercially aware with good negotiating skills.
If you are interested in this exciting role then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.