Operations Manager - New Build Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client on their flagship UK plant. This is the first plant to be built in England with a pipeline of plants in development / construction across Great Britain.
The plant is capable of processing over 545,000 tonnes of waste per year utilising three processing lines to produce over 60MW of power for the National Grid.
The client has a fleet of over 30 Energy Recovery plants across the USA and they plan to continue expanding their operations across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of 20 + operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the facility operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages, and programming of plant improvements
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders
- Working with the Facility Manager and Maintenance Manager in the recruitment of staff
- Deputising for the Facility Manager when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Significant time spent in a Supervisory/Management level role in Operations/Production on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal, Cogeneration or Biomass.
- A relevant engineering qualification at HND/HNC level or above - Mechanical, Electrical, C&I etc
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- An excellent benefits package
- A chance to join a new build plant and a company with a growing fleet of Energy from Waste plants
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.