Mechanical Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
Up to £42,000 plus bonus & benefits
Romford, East London
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join a growing organisation who specialise in the delivery of maintenance & improvement projects on Energy from Waste (EFW) Power Stations across the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is currently 'on the tools' & ready to step up into an office-based project engineering role. You'll be responsible for securing new projects, meeting with customers to discuss their requirements, providing estimates & quotations, as well as following the projects through the full life cycle from start to finish.
What will I be doing?
As an office-based Mechanical Project Engineer, your duties will include:
- Successfully securing new plant maintenance, improvement & outage projects within the Energy from Waste (EFW) power industry.
- Meeting with customers to discuss & fully understand their works requirements, before providing them with a design & estimate for the project.
- Following the projects through the full life cycle from start through to completion, ensuring the works meet with customer requirements.
- The role will also offer overtime opportunities to remain 'on the tools', as you will be able to assist in the delivery of plant outage & breakdown projects.
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Experience in a mechanical trade such as a Fitter, Plater, Fabricator or Pipefitter.
- Hold a relevant mechanical engineering qualification (such as an apprenticeship, NVQ, City & Guilds etc.).
- A background within a heavy engineering or process sector such as Energy from Waste, Power Generation, Chemical, Steel, Marine etc.
- You will need to hold a valid driving licence, as you will be required to travel as part of this role.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary of up to £42,000 depending on experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Other benefits including overtime, pension scheme & 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can provide more information.