Production Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Our client is a leading producer of Renewable Energy in the United Kingdom and has assets with a generation capacity of over 150MW. This Biomass plant uses poultry litter as it's primary fuel source and has been in operation for over 20 years.
We are recruiting for a Production Operator to join their Operations Team to operate the 12MW Biomass Power Station as part of an Operational Shift Team.
Role & Responsibilities
As Production Team Leader / Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Operations Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of the Shift Operations Team who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Acting as a site Senior Authorised Person (SAP) complying with the company safe systems of work.
- Investigate plant problems and liaising with the maintenance team to arrange timely repairs.
- Assist the Operation Team Supervisors to plan maintenance and shift work, ensuring cover for sickness, holidays and training.
- Maximising fuel input and energy production
- Supervising contractors when carrying out activities on site
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe manner in line with the businesses HSE policies
- Working with the maintenance department when required to ensure maximum plant availability
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered, ideally with Steam Raising plant
- Candidates with experience working in high voltage plant or with SAP status will be preferred
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits
- What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a Biomass Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 033 and ask to speak to Megan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.