Principal Engineer - Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We're currently looking for a Principal Engineer to join the technical operations team for a leading global Data Centre & Telecommunications company.
Leading their team of Technical Engineers / Subject Matter Experts you'll be leading all UK Engineering projects (multi-disciplinary), supporting the day to day operations, and providing insight to the EMEA Engineering Team on all Engineering matters.
Our client currently operates five Data Centres with a sixth under construction in the UK along with 160 Data Centres located across the world and comprises some key globally recognises brands within their Data Centre Division.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of technical experts of all disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Fire & Life Safety, BMS and Technical Services
- Providing technical & engineering support to the Operations & Engineering teams
- Act as UK lead for all Mechanical & Electrical projects, overseeing specifications, planning, design, installation and commissioning.
- Working alongside key stakeholders to ensure work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure the Safe Systems of Work are in place and adhered to, driving a culture fo "Zero Outage" and overseeing the on site proceures including EOPs, SOPs and MOPs.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and oversee all Quality Assurance activities.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering field
- HV Authorising Engineer / SAP certified
- Experience in a critical environment, such as a Data Centre - at managerial / supervisory level
- Experience in leading a team of operations & maintenance engineers
- Project Management experience in leading through to installation & commissioning
- If you have knowledge of "Plan Do Check Act (Deming Cycle)" this would be highly advantageous
- Awareness of RCA / Root Cause Analysis is also beneficial
- Full UK Driving licence
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including car allowance
- Opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.