Lead Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste Plant
Up to £55,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Lead Electrical Engineer to join plant comprising of a waste processing facility and energy from waste power station in the Milton Keynes area. Using state of the art technology this plant processes black bin waste to create enough energy to power over 11,000 homes. The Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the operations & maintenance associated with Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) equipment to ensure minimal breakdowns to maximise availability.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Managing, training and developing a team of electrical, controls & instrumentation (EC&I) technicians responsible for maintaining all plant equipment to the highest of standards to ensure maximum availability
- Liaising with the Operations Manager & Assistant Maintenance Manager regarding plant performance / improvement / modification / upgrade work
- Planning and managing plant outages relating to the EC&I equipment
- Conducting fault finding, troubleshooting and investigations on the SCADA and Siemens PCS7 control systems
- Ensuring all maintenance work across the plant is carried out in safe and efficient manner
- Acting as the Electrical Duty Holder for the site
- Other duties as required
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Management or supervisory experience in a Maintenance/Engineering role on a power station or similar heavy process plant. This can include EFW, biomass, CCGT, refinery, steel works, paper mill etc.
- An engineering qualification such as an HND/HNC in an electrical or C&I engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of electrical, control & instrumentation (EC&I)
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Experience of Siemens PCS7 control systems is highly desirable
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary circa £55,000
- A contributory pension matched up to 8%
- Private medical
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.