September 2020 start date
Salary - £40,000 - £52,500
Location - Cheshire (Projects UK wide)
We are currently looking for a Commercial and Procurement Manager to join the growing business in the Energy sector, specifically working across multiple Energy from Waste projects. The Commercial and Procurement Manager will be responsible for the Procurement function overseeing the drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of new and existing contracts and services. The successful candidate will also play an active role in embedding purchasing through the business. It's a great opportunity to work for a growing development business company in the UK.
Duties And Responsibilities for the Procurement and Commercial Manager:
* To develop and implement commercial strategies for purchasing, meeting company goals and objectives.
* Working knowledge of how to conduct market bench-marking and analysis including creation of detailed business plans.
* Understand existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure they are being met.
* Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams including (Mechanical and Electrical), Financial etc.
* Strong working knowledge of contracts, including terms and conditions, to monitor performance of commercial activities, providing reporting results to senior management. Procurement
* Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
* Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation, assess, manage and mitigate any risks and run fair and transparent tender process, ensuring we have identified and partnered with reliable vendors and suppliers
* Partner with stakeholders on bespoke projects including CAPEX
* Ensure that stock items are purchased at an appropriate level to maintain critical stock-holding with optimal cash investment, People Management
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrable ability to lead the way in positive and professional manner and work as part of a management team.
* Proven success in the manage of relationships with key stakeholders. * Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset Qualifications
* Preferably degree qualified with a specialist qualification in Purchase and Supply
* Preferably Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.