Lead E,C&I Technician - Energy From Waste Power Station
Salary up to £53,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician to join an Energy from Waste Power Station in Cambridgeshire which generates around 7 megawatts, enough to power 16,000 homes. You will play a lead role in the day to day supervision of the EC&I activities including planned and unplanned maintenance and ensuring the safe operation of the plant.
As the Lead E,C&I Technician, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and supervising the day to day activities of the EC&I maintenance team
- Organising and carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to ensure efficient operation of the site and to maximise plant availability.
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved efficiently and ensuring all health, safety and environmental procedures and legislations are adhered to.
- Support in the supervision of the contractors on site and conduct plant and area safety inspections when required.
- Making sure all reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Following all safe systems of work including; carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
- Issuing task and workload to your Technicians and assisting them with the planning of their workload including training, development, monitoring staff progress and ensuring general housekeeping is efficient.
- Covering for the Engineering Manager in his absence.
- A relevant technical qualification at HNC/ONC level or equivalent in electrical or C&I engineering
- Excellent knowledge of PLC's, Control Systems, SCADA and Instrumentation.
- At least 4 years of post-apprenticeship experience in EC&I maintenance within a heavy process industry such as; Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc.) Chemical Plant or Refinery
- An IOSH or NEBOSH would be beneficial.
- HV electrical experience is desirable but not essential.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and a brief cover note to email@example.com below or please call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.