Up to £35,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Manager to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists working within the Hazardous Waste sector across the UK. They are looking for an Environmental Manager to work as part of their core HSEQ function across various landfill facilities across the East. Working in this position, you will be supporting compliance and operational standards, managing environmental surveillance, monitoring teams and permit regulations.
Working as the Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting all site permit compliance including health, safety and environmental management.
- Compiling small scale permit applications and managing permit requirements including data records, reporting and improvement projects across the facilities.
- Working directly with site managers and core HSEQ teams to ensure all operations run-in line with compliance regulations and company policies. Advising site management of remedial actions required.
- Manage and support a team of monitoring technicians, managing monitoring budgets, monitoring infrastructure/schedules and lab issues.
- Utilise data gathered, compiling detailed monitoring reports for both internal and EA submission, ensuring all corrective actions are communicated and completed.
- Carry out site audits and inspections, reporting non-conformances within agreed timeframes.
- Establish and manage environmental surveillance of the landfill sites.
- Review environmental and safety data and site inspection reports and provide warning of potential non-conformances.
- All other health, safety and environmental duties as required.
You will have overall responsibility of a number of landfill facilities and will be expected to travel regularly.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have a relevant Science/Environmental/Engineering qualification to degree level or equivalent as well as a strong understanding of environmental monitoring and compliance.
Candidates should have a background and understanding of environmental monitoring techniques, requirements and reporting as well as an understanding of submitting data to regulatory bodies such as the Environmental Agency.
This role would suit a candidate looking to develop their career in the environmental management sector with a background within the waste management, landfill, quarrying, aggregates, agricultural or composting sectors or similar.
Due to the nature of this role, all candidates must be flexible to travel on a regular basis and must hold a full UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
- Basic salary up to £35,000
- Competitive package
- Clear progression and development opportunities
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.