Electrical Maintenance Technician - Antarctica
£25,552 plus 10% tour completion bonus
12-18 month Fixed Term Contract
We are currently seeking to recruit two Electrical Maintenance Technician for a once in a lifetime opportunity based in Antarctica! You'll be playing a crucial role for our client, carrying out planned & reactive maintenance on the electrical services, facilities & equipment being used at their Antarctic research stations.
This is an urgent requirement, so if you're interested then you will need to act fast! If you are successful in securing the role then training will commence in August, ready for you to be deployed over to Antarctica in October.
What you will be doing:
As a Electrical Maintenance Technician based at one of the research stations in Antarctica, you will be responsible for:
- The operations, maintenance & repair of their electrical systems & equipment.
- The systems you will be working on will include lighting & power, main distribution systems, 3 phase systems, HVAC controls, BMS controls, generators, fire alarms, domestic appliances etc
- Performing checks & inspections on critical systems & safety equipment such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers, breathing apparatus, refrigeration systems etc.
- Carrying out PAT testing.
- Ensuring adherence with health & safety requirements at all times.
- Producing reports for management on the condition & performance of the electrical systems & services on the research station.
- Other duties as required.
What you will need to be considered for this role:
- Proven experience in a similar Electrical Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Electrician role.
- Experience working on lighting & power, main distribution systems, 3 phase systems, HVAC controls, BMS controls, generators, fire alarms, domestic appliances etc.
- You must hold a relevant electrical qualification (such as an apprenticeship, BTEC, NVQ, City & Guilds, HNC, HND etc.)
- You must be able to fully commit to a 12 to 18-month fixed term contract, as you will be based over in Antarctica for the full duration!
- You must be able to start from August, as you will receive full training ready for your deployment in October of this year.
What's in it for you:
- A competitive salary of £25,552
- A 10% bonus which will be paid upon successful completion of the tour, with end dates of 31st December 2021 or 31st March 2022
- Food, water, accommodation & PPE will all be provided
A truly once in a lifetime opportunity to play a crucial role in the research which is being conducted over in Antarctica!
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can provide you with more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.