EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are looking for an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a newly built and commissioned Energy from Waste Power Station located in the North West.
As an EC&I Technician you'll be responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including electrical distribution systems, motors, drives, switch gear, control systems and instrumentation.
This plant can produce up to 19MW of Power by processing up to 220 tonnes of waste per year, usually destined for landfill. The client has a a fleet of 25 plants worldwide, capable of producing over 700MW of power.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems inline with OEM guidance, legislation and industry best practice.
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems.
- Maintaining the DCS, HMI, SCADA and continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS),
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work to improve plant reliability, efficiency and performance.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS, ensuring all documents are recorded in a timely manner along with the relevant RAMS/H&S documents.
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Team.
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance always.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised Electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry.
- An HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering.
- Working knowledge of carrying out maintenance on motors, switch gear, instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperate etc) and control systems (SCADA, DCS and PLC, ideally Metso / Valmet).
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, steel works, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Benefits package including Pension.
- Opportunity to join a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.