Operations Technician - Renewable Energy
£30,000 to £35,000 + Benefits
We're currently seeking an Operations Technician / Plant Operator / Process Operator to be responsible for the operations & maintenance of a Renewable Energy process plant which is based in the Peterhead area, along with supporting a new build plant in Aberdeen when required. Our client is a leading & growing company who focus on generating clean & efficient power from the process of anaerobic digestion (AD).
Working as part of a shift pattern, the main responsibilities for the Operations Technician include:
- Carrying out day to day operations of the renewable energy process plant
- Using SCADA control systems to monitor the process
- Carrying out planned & reactive maintenance of the plant which will include working on pumps, conveyors, gearboxes, pipework etc.
- Feeding fuel into the process using mobile plant such as telehandlers
- Responding to machine and systems failures
- Ensuring adherence with health & safety at all times
- Other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications needed:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (such as an apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ / HNC / HND etc.)
- Experience carrying out maintenance on process plant such as pumps & conveyors
- Knowledge of SCADA / DCS control systems is advantageous
- A full UK Driving licence is essential as you will be covering two plants
What's in it for me?
- They're offering a competitive salary of £30,000 to £35,000 per annum plus company benefits.
- A great benefits package which includes a company bonus scheme.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading organisation within the renewable energy sector.
How to apply:
Please email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.