Maintenance Manager - New Build Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client on their flagship UK plant. This is the first plant to be built in England with a pipeline of plants in development / construction across Great Britain.
The plant is capable of processing over 545,000 tonnes of waste per year utilising three processing lines to produce over 60MW of power for the National Grid.
The client has a fleet of over 30 Energy Recovery plants across the USA and they plan to continue expanding their operations across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians.
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation.
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers.
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors.
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
- Developing the sites maintenance & safety procedures including liaising with the EPC Warranty Team to ensure compliance.
- Take an active part in the plant mobilisation and commissioning activities including staff recruitment and training.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management in a maintenance/engineering role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal, Cogeneration or Biomass.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience of hands on maintenance in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant, steam plant and boilers
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline, preferable Mechanical (for PSSR, Boiler issues)
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing maintenance teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- An excellent benefits package
- A chance to join a new build plant and a company with a growing fleet of Energy from Waste plants
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.