Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Station
Birmingham, West Midlands
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client requires a Shift Plant Operator to join the plant's Operations Team, working on their Biomass Power Station which is based in the Birmingham area.
Acting under the supervision of the Shift Team Leader you will be ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the biomass plants activities which include the Boiler, Turbine and Generator set along with all auxiliary equipment.
This role will include first line fault diagnosis & maintenance, working on a 12-hour shift pattern (4 on / 4 off).
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operation of the Biomass plant through the SCADA system
- Assisting with compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Operation of plant and equipment as required by the operational demands
- Carrying out routine plant inspections and adjusting as required and logging on a data system
- Monitoring of stocks and take receipt of consumables/collection of residues
- Assisting other Company staff and contractors as and when required
- To be aware of and work within the company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
- Undertake personal development to enhance knowledge and skillset relevant to the Shift Plant Operator role
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process industry, preferably in a Biomass or Power Generation environment
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- C&G/BTEC/HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Recognisable first aid/Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
- Experience of work with a Permit to Work System
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on mobile and fixed plant
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive basic salary & benefits package
- Opportunity to join a Biomass Plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.