Plant Manager - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are working with a global power generation and facilities management company who have recently secured an O&M Contract on a Biomass Power Station in the West Midlands.
With a background in renewable energy, facilities management and power generation this is an ideal time to join a secure industry on a state of the art Biomass Power Plant, capable of producing around 11MW of Power.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, as Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the power station
- Ensure compliance with environmental permits and other relevant legislation
- Management of the sites annual budget
- Work alongside the Maintenance and Operations Department to plan shutdowns, outages and maintenance work to ensure maximum plant availability against the commercial contract
- Liaise with project and engineering teams to ensure the delivery of the O&M strategy
- Managing HSE, Quality and Environmental systems in accordance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Tracking costs for capital project and outages.
- Managing and developing site personnel.
- Reporting on QEHS, Financial, Operations and Maintenance issues.
- Recruiting Operations, Maintenance & Support staff.
Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A proven track record gained within the power generation sector. This is likely to include experience gained at a Plant Manager / Operations Manager / Maintenance Manager level.
- Working experience in a Power Station environment; CCGT, Biomass, Energy from Waste, CHP would be strongly considered.
- Relevant working experience from Refinery, Chemical Plant or Steelworks etc would also be considered.
- Those with plant commissioning experience would be at an advantage, although this is not essential.
- A strong understanding of Health & Safety, relevant legislation (PSSR, LOLER, PUWER etc) and Environmental Permits will be required
- Candidates will ideally hold a HNC / HND or a Degree in Engineering (Power Plant / Process / Mechanical / Electrical).
What's in it for you?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge in the power sector. On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package alongside future progression possibilities.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.